Download PDF: KB0201
I have several carts of Chromebooks for my school. We currently use SoftLINK in our computer labs to monitor what the students are doing. Will SoftLINK monitor Chromebooks as well?
SoftLINK gives you the capability to monitor and remotely control Chromebooks. SoftLINK works hand-in-hand with School for Google Chrome. Using your SoftLINK Tutor Console, you will be able to do the following:
- View a crystal clear thumbnail of each student machine in a single view
- Click on a thumbnail to discreetly view screen activity on a selected Chromebook.
- Remote Control. As well as discreetly monitoring the students screens (Watch Mode), teachers can interact with the students’ desktops with real time remote control (Share Mode). Ideal for providing 1:1 help and support to students as needed.
- Broadcast teacher’s screen to student desktops
- Send an instant survey or request for feedback to each student and display results in real-time
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to each student machine
- Block all Internet access – Launch a website on the Student Chromebook – Close a website on Chromebook
- See details of the website that students are currently viewing
- Ask students to register at the start of each lesson
- Teacher can open a discussion session with selected or all students, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class
- Lock the student’s mouse and keyboard when instructing
When using the proper client package, the SoftLINK Tutor console is capable of connecting to any of the following devices/operating systems simultaneously. This eliminates the need to use a different interface in different environments.
- OS X