Downlaod PDF: KB0133
When you try to deploy a SoftLINK Package from a Windows 7 workstation to a Windows XP or 2000 workstation that is in a Workgroup you will be prompted to enter a Username and Password of an account that has administrator rights to the machine. However, the user details will not be accepted and the SoftLINK Deploy tool will again prompt for a Username and password.
In order to Deploy the SoftLINK Package correctly using a Windows 7 workstation, please perform the following steps on the Windows 7 machine:
- Open the Control Panel
- Select Administrative Tools
- Select Local Security Policy
- When the Local Security Policy window opens, select Local Policies
- Under the Local Policies, select Security Options
- Locate and right-click on “Network Security: Lan Manager Authentication level”
- Select Properties. On the “Local Security Setting” tab, change the dropdown box to read “Send LM & NTLM Responses”.
- Select OK. You now should be able to use SoftLINK Class Control Deploy to deploy SoftLINK to your client workstations.