Download PDF: KB0041
It is sometimes necessary to allow more than one SoftLINK Tutor (instructor station) to view each student at the same time. To enable this feature a parameter must be added to the SoftLINK Student configuration file.
On each of the student computers that you would like to be able to connect to via multiple Tutor/Instructor stations simultaneously, please do the following:
- Open SoftLINK’s installation folder. The default directory is:32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\SoftLINK Class Control
64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftLINK Class Control
- Find and open the file called Client32u.ini in a text editor such as Notepad. For SoftLINK v12 and earlier, the file that needs edited is Client32.ini.
- Add the line Shared=1 to the [Client] Section of the Client32u.ini file and save it.
- You will now have to create a new checksum for the Client32u.ini file using the utility CKSINI.EXE – For more detailed information on how to do this please refer to the article KB0029.
- You must restart each Client for the changes to take effect.
- If you would like to allow each student machine to be monitored by multiple instructors, use the SoftLINK Class Control Deploy utility to push the edited Client32u.ini file to all of the client stations simultaneously.