Download PDF: KB0305
After installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 ScreenWatch no long functions properly.
Installation of Windows XP SP2 adds Firewall protection to the operating system. The ScreenWatch Monitor will still function as expected without any modifications. Please follow the steps below for the client computers:
- Navigate to the Control Panel by selecting the Start button and selecting Control Panel.
- Select Windows Firewall
- Select the Exceptions tab
- Click on the Add Program button
- Browse to the ScreenWatch executable in the installation directory.
- Confirm the executable is now checked in the exceptions list.
- Select the advanced tab for the Windows Firewall settings.
- In the ICMP section, click Settings.
- Check “Allow incoming echo requests”.
The client computers are now ready to use. Please note it may take a few seconds for the clients to appear online.