Download PDF: KB0407
I have just updated my workstations from Windows XP to Windows 7. After installing LinkCÉT on Windows 7, I find that the keyboard and mouse functionality is not working properly on my Composite LINK System.
Due to the enhanced security measures built into Windows Vista or newer (7, 8, etc) certain keyboard and mouse features provided by LinkCÉT will not work. To get full functionality, please do the following.
- Open Task Scheduler by typing “task” into the Start Menu search bar and hitting Enter or by going to All Programs – Accessories – System Tools – Task Scheduler
- Select Create Basic Task… from the right pane which will open the window shown below.
- Type a Name and Desciption into the proper fields and select Next.
- Select “When I log on” from the radio button selections and select Next.
- Select “Start a program” from the radio button selections and select Next.
- Select Browse
- Browse to the LinkCÉT installation path. By default the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\AppliedComputerSystems\LinkCÉT Software and select HybridStudent.exe.
- Select Next.
- Put a check mark in “Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish.” Select Finish.
- When the Properties box appears, put a check mark in “Run with highest privileges.” Change the “Configure for:” dropdown to your operating system. To assign this task to any user who logs in, select Change User or Group.
- Type “Users” into the “Enter the object name to select” field and then select Check Names. The Users group will be added to this task. Select OK.
- Select OK. LinkCÉT will run on login and will allow you to experience all of the functionality that a Composite LINK System was intended to have.
- Remove the HybridStudent.exe shortcut from your Startup Folder by going to All Programs – Startup and then right-clicking on HybridStudent and then selecting delete from the menu.
- Call 1-800-237-5465 if you need any assistance with any of the above steps or have further questions.